summer

Monday, August 11, 2014

Do you Believe?

Yesterday in church a gentleman gave a talk. In this talk he related a story about a man who crossed Niagara Falls on a tight rope. The story goes as follows:

"Blondin' told a local newspaper that he was going to walk across the fall. The reporter that he was a little crazy but decided to tag along to see what would happen. The tightrope was stretched across and everyone who was curious was there to watch.
 Blondin' turned to the crowd and said, "do you believe I can do it?"
The crowd echoed with cheers, "yeah!"
So Blondin' grabbed his pole and started his way across. 17 minutes later he arrived.  Once he got to the other side. He asked the crowd on the other side do you think I can make it back? Do you believe I can make it.

Again the crowd roared and he was on his way back across the falls. This time it was a little uphill so it took him 23 minutes. But he still made it. Upon arrival the crowd cheered for his great accomplishment. Then he asked, " do you think I can make it?" He then had a friend get his wheel barrow. And he asked again, "do you believe I can make it?" the crowd continued to cheer.

Blondin' then said, "Great, I need a volunteer."  the crowd then became silent.

How many times do we say that we believe? Do we really believe. What are we doing to show that we do believe? How many times when our faith is tested, do we say we believe?

It is great to say one thing however it's when we do,  that is important.

No comments:

Post a Comment