summer

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

A Long days work

Dan and I joined this club called the 3000 club. It's basically rescues extra food off the truck that the stores can't take and you can pick up to 60lbs of produce each week. Well last week when we picked up our produce it had almost all the ingredients to make Salsa. so we made a batch last week (about 10 pints) Dan and I did all the prep work together and canned it in a couple of hours.
This is just some of what we get.

Well this week when we picked up the produce. We decided to make another batch. Well I didn't get to making it on Monday so I thought I will just make it Tomorrow (Tuesday).  Most of you know that I watch a 2 1/2 year old(almost 3) and a 4 Month old boys. I figured I would just get most of it done while they napped. Then I thought, "Landon is playing, so I will cut up some peppers or start on the tomatoes." Most of you with kids know that when they figure out that you are doing something they either interrupt your every 2 minutes or want to help. So I had lots of help with the tomatoes taking the skins off and playing in the water, but that was about the span of attention of a 2 year old.  When Dan needed a break from studying for finals he would come out and join the fun.

So all in all the usual 2 hours of making and canning salsa took 8 hours. Then what ever tomatoes were left over I canned.

Sometimes I just forget how long somethings can take with children. It's not a bad thing! Just an adjustment that we all love.




No comments:

Post a Comment